cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andymc123 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Strange behavior in a stacked column chart with 2 lines

I am currently working on a set of reports that deal with averages and comparing individual and District averages to a national average.  I was able to use some DAX average and averageX formulas to build the data set, and in tables the data seems just fine when it comes to the on-page filters as well as the cross filtering.  In a stacked column chart with 2 lines however, the cross filtering will sometimes add a second Y axis and move the data points in an odd way.

stackedColumn2Lines1.PNGstackedColumn2Lines2.PNGstackedColumn2Lines3.PNGstackedColumn2Lines4.PNG

I am just curious if anyone else has seen this?  Maybe there is a quick fix or a setting that I am missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Strange behavior in a stacked column chart with 2 lines

Hi @andymc123,

The secondary axis is based on line field values, I'm not so sure why it display/hide when you interact with other visuals. 

Maybe you can manually turn on/off it on format tab.

43.gif

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @andymc123,

The secondary axis is based on line field values, I'm not so sure why it display/hide when you interact with other visuals. 

Maybe you can manually turn on/off it on format tab.

43.gif

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
andymc123 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks!  there is a sub-setting under the Y-Axis settings called "Show secondary".  I needed to apply a cross filter (click on a row in the table that showed both the primary and secondary Y axes) then when I turned off the "Show secondary" the point and line behavior started to work as expected.

This has had me stumped for a while.  I am glad that the fix was literally just clicking on the correct setting switch.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 323 members 3,067 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: