Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

martijnth
Helper II
Helper II

Strange / Wrong DateDiff results

Dear Reader,

I/m facing some difficulties with Datediff. Please see below. This is part of querri where I'm substracting two dates. So here the result should be something like 11.xx minutes. For most data the result is ok, but when the day changes i get wrong answers. See 2d picture. What is get is 'day (24*60)-11 minutes, = -1429 minutes

dates1.jpg

dates2.jpg

Im stuck, how can i solve this?

reg martijn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @martijnth

It seems that [time produced] is a date-time column then you just change the format of it.

So you need to use this way as below:

Use TIME Function to add a new time column as below:

Time1 = TIME(HOUR(Table1[time produced]),MINUTE(Table1[time produced]),SECOND(Table1[time produced]))

4.JPG

Result:

5.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @martijnth

It seems that [time produced] is a date-time column then you just change the format of it.

So you need to use this way as below:

Use TIME Function to add a new time column as below:

Time1 = TIME(HOUR(Table1[time produced]),MINUTE(Table1[time produced]),SECOND(Table1[time produced]))

4.JPG

Result:

5.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks, solved

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.