Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

evillarreal
Regular Visitor

Strange SQL query being generated by PowerBI

Hi, guys!

We have observed that some of our PowerBIs are generating a strange query that our database devs say it usually takes a very long time to execute, causing disruptions.

The hallmark of a query is a WHERE condition in the style of : where POSITION((($1))::text IN ("column")::text) = ($2)

The weird thing is that in any query using that table, we aren't filtering by  "column",  so does anybody know when is PowerBI generating a query like that?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @evillarreal,

Which type of datasource and connection mode you used to connect database? Can you please provide detailed information about this?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply, @v-shex-msft!

In this case, we are connecting to a Redshift database through the ODBC connector. As far as we know, we can't send SQL queries directly with the Redshift connector so that is not an option for us.

If you need any more information, please tell me!

Regards,

Enrique

Hi @evillarreal,

Is this query only appears when you use odbc driver to get data from database? If you use original redshift connector, does this query generated?

If not, I think this issue should related to use odbc driver, I'd like to suggest your to open a support ticket  to get more support for this scenario.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.