Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Store images in Sharepoint and get the URL image to display on PowerBI

I really don't know where else to turn, I'll post the question here to expand the help I need from you.

I would like to store some images online and through their URL, show them on PowerBI.

I've been trying to store them on Sharepoint for a while (it seemed like the best option, so end users will have access to them), and somehow get their URL, put it in a database (Data Warehouse), associate with some code that I will give to the images and bring to the dashboard at the end.

I've tried to get it through PowerShell, Microsoft Flow, and I did some tests directly on PowerBI to see how it worked (using the Base64 function), but without success either.

Has anyone encountered this problem and could you help me please (it is really urgent) to find a solution?

We use Oracle data base and Analysis Services with OLAP to connect with PowerBI.

So what I need is to store the photos online, download the details of it (name, format, size) for me to put on a base, and then make it available on PowerBI.

I already know some great tips from some websites that we need to convert to Base64, but first I don't know how to get those pictures URL.

Website tips: Chriss Webb's: Storing Large Images In Power BI DatasetsJason: Embedding Images in Power BI using Base64 , Gerhard Brueckl: Storing Images in a PowerBI/Analysis Services Data Models.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.