Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Store Results of a measure without results being attached to the dates that helped calculate it.

This is a very strange one, but I've actually had to deal with this issue several times and I'm not sure how to do it.

This is a DAX problem, but I'm going to use Excel to illustrate:

I need to calculate Average Sales by WEEK over 3 previous quarters.  My fiscal calendar has 13 weeks; we're on a 4-4-5 fiscal calendar so there are 13 weeks in each quarter.  I have this measure and it works well.

My problem is this:  I need to take the average for week 12 for the previous 3 quarters (which is $712,616) and display it in the current month.  When I try to do this, I get 0's, because the measure is only going to show the values for week 12 for each of the actual quarters where the sales occured (2017-Q4 12/24-12/30, 2018-Q1 3/18-3/24, 2018-Q2 6/17-6/23).

I need to take that weekly avarege $712,616 and save it so it's not attached to the dates that helped calculate it and show it in the current month.  See below.

I tried creating a separate date table, but it got very messy and ultimately couldn't get it to work.

Any suggestions?

Capture3.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I solved the problem. As soon as I realized that I had to treat this the same as a “rolling month”, I was able to make it work. Here is my measure:

Current Rolled Book Ship Estimate = CALCULATE([Current Book Ship Estimate], FILTER(ALL(PBI_FSCAPF), (PBI_FSCAPF[LUDATE] <= MAX(PBI_FSCAPF[LUDATE]))))

where PBI_FSCAPF is my DATE table and [LUDATE] is my DATE field.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Roseventura,

Can you please share some sample data to test and coding formula?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I think I solved the problem. As soon as I realized that I had to treat this the same as a “rolling month”, I was able to make it work. Here is my measure:

Current Rolled Book Ship Estimate = CALCULATE([Current Book Ship Estimate], FILTER(ALL(PBI_FSCAPF), (PBI_FSCAPF[LUDATE] <= MAX(PBI_FSCAPF[LUDATE]))))

where PBI_FSCAPF is my DATE table and [LUDATE] is my DATE field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.