Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Stop calculations

So I made an error. I created a union combined with generate. The table doesn't have a lot of unique values, but does have a massive amount of records (6 milion). 

The Problem? I've forgot to put a 'distinct' on the column that has not a lot of unique values. So I'm now waiting on 6 milion x 6 milion generate. The other part of my problem is that my laptop is quite strong so it might take a long time for it to get to the point 'do it yourself, it is to big for me'. 

Anyway in killing the calculations without closing the file (without saving)?

6 REPLIES 6
LukeMcManagan
Advocate I
Advocate I

A kill switch is needed to handle mistakes made when writing DAX expressions. Anybody know of any related ideas?

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DouweMeer 

So far, there is no such option in Power BI which can stop the calculation and keep the file.

You can close the file or end task in Task Manager.

Some tips when you use the calculation in a large data.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36911569/how-to-stop-calculation-in-power-pivot

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I just killed one of the task manager processes that held the calculation. It didn't crash, but it threw an error when I tried to save it. That was too bad. Perhap I can kill one of the other processes next time...

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Yes yes, still running. It sits now on 23.2 GB memory out of 31.8 GB. Anyone know the trick?

And it is still running... it is on 27 GB...

This is goning to take ages :(. 

It just won't stop.... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.