Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smbee

Stop Visual Resizing due to Filter

How can I stop the behaviour of a visual, whereby it resizes depending on which filter is selected?

In the following example, when no filters are selected the graph has a certain width, but when one of the filters on the right (e.g. Retail or Operations) is selected, the graph resizes. I want to stop that behaviour. Is there a way I can do this?

I currently only have access to the web version of Power BI. Is it possible there? If no, what is the way to do it in the desktop version?

No filters selectedNo filters selected

powerbi2.png

A different filter selectedA different filter selected

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

Ahh okay, your issue is related that when the values of the legends are long they are minimizing the graph view or compressing it to a smaller view, try to change the values to make them shorter or remove the legend.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

Ahh okay, your issue is related that when the values of the legends are long they are minimizing the graph view or compressing it to a smaller view, try to change the values to make them shorter or remove the legend.

MAwwad
Super User
Super User

Hello,

Press on the visual then on the options ribbon up go to Format >> Edit Interactions.

This will allow you to turn off interaction between the Visual and the Filter.

Please accept this as a solution if it solved your issue 🙂

Hi DataSlayer!

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortuantely, turning off interactions between the filter and the visual is not the ideal solution. It's because I want to keep the filtering of the visual but not the resizing. Turning off interactions stops both the resizing AND the filtering 😕

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.