cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexadams78 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Stop Values from Aggregating

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Power BI, so apologies if this comes across naive. I've trawled through these forums but can't seem to find a definitive answer.

To explain my problem, I have exported a historical RAG status file showing how a client has changed status between Green, Amber and Red.

What I'm trying to acheive is the date across the horizontal access, and having Green, Amber and Red up the Vertical Access, and a line going across showing the change in status over time.

The issue is the vertical axis will only allow me to count the number of times green, amber and/or red appears. I tried using the Gantt Chart visualisation, which almost worked, but it created multiple tasks for each colour, so I ended up with 10 green rows, 5 amber, etc....

Can anyone think of a solution?

Many thanks for your help!

Alex

2 REPLIES 2
BhaveshPatel Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Stop Values from Aggregating

See if this visual can work for you. OR you can use Scatter plot with Dates as Play axis.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
alexadams78 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Stop Values from Aggregating

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately it's still not what I'm looking for as the Value field still counts the number of Green/Amber/Red instances, rather than plotting the change between them.

Many thanks,

Alex

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)