Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop Users from downloading PBIX file

Hi all,

I have a Power BI app where all my reports are published. Though I want users to be able to export data, I do not want them to download pbix files. Is there any way I can disable that?

Thanks,

HV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if this is what you want:

You can keep "Allow users to make a copy of the reports in this app" being unselected when you publish the app.

app.PNG

Then the users can only export data of visuals but can't make a copy of your report. In other words, the users cannot download your reports.

app2.PNGapp3.PNG 

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if this is what you want:

You can keep "Allow users to make a copy of the reports in this app" being unselected when you publish the app.

app.PNG

Then the users can only export data of visuals but can't make a copy of your report. In other words, the users cannot download your reports.

app2.PNGapp3.PNG 

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Icey @Tahreem24 Thanks for your help! it worked

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Please refer below URL to get your answer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Disabling-download-of-pbix-files/m-p/311125

Don't forget to give thumbs up 👍 and accept this as a solution if it helped you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Refer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Disabling-download-of-pbix-files/m-p/311125

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.