Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

skylarw
Frequent Visitor

Stop Page Level Filter From Applying to One Visual

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to have a visual not impacted by the page level filter?

I have a lot of graphs that need the same filter so I set up a page level filter, but there's one chart that I don't want impacted.

Is there any way to set that up?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

we're not understanding;

my suggestion is to establish the value at the table level.  this will rerun at each data refresh.

for instance if you create a new calculated table - that is the Sum of X.  that stand alone figure/value, put into a visual, will not be affected by filtering of other visuals on the same page.

www.CahabaData.com

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't we somethinking similar to Alternate state Feature in QlikView?

Example:

We can dicided the alternate state for slices as well as visualas and It will not filter data out of that alternate state. 

Anand_seniyar

The link below has more generic solution to the problem,

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Stop-filtering-of-one-visualisation/td-p/10866

CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

One solution is establishing the underlying data set (for that visual alone).  For instance if I create Table with 1 row 1 field having the value 10 - - - and then make a card visual for that data.  It won't matter if the page filter is by State or by Week - it doesn't affect or apply to that card visual's value which will always show 10.

I am a little out of date on all the PBI release updates as to whether there is now a feature in the visual level to exclude from page filters.  While there is an exclude option for interaction between visuals on the same page - I don't remember for the page filtering.  Perhaps you could establish the same affect using the visual interaction and not rely on a page filter - and then exclude that visual from interaction.

www.CahabaData.com

@CahabaData That wouldn't work for me.

Using an example, I would like to whole page to be filtered by today's date but I would like this one chart to show data from the beginning of time to today's date.

Does that make sense?

Hi @skylarw

Instead of using one Page Level filter ....

Why don't you several identical filters (today's date) at the visual level (the same for all the graph) and one different for the visual you don't want the impact with beginning of time to today's date ?

Saludos,

Vicente

@vcastello Since this is not a one time report but one that I will be currently updating.

Every time I publish the report the page level filter is going to be to a different date so to change every visual every time is going to be time consuming.

Hi @skylarw

If you have a calendar table you can

1.- Create a new calculated column called IsToday ...

IsToday = IF([Date] = TODAY(), 1, 0)

Being [Date] the date column in your calendar table 

2.- Filter all the Today's visuals by IsToday and set it to 1

Should that work?

Vicente

we're not understanding;

my suggestion is to establish the value at the table level.  this will rerun at each data refresh.

for instance if you create a new calculated table - that is the Sum of X.  that stand alone figure/value, put into a visual, will not be affected by filtering of other visuals on the same page.

www.CahabaData.com

Hi! I'm also a noob when it comes to Power BI.

Have you tried using the 'Edit Interactions' in 'Format'? I tried playing around with it today and it gave me what I want - to exclude one of the visuals from getting affected by the date filters in the report.

Here are the steps I took:

1. Click on one of your visual filters. This will activate 'Format' in the menu.

2. Click on 'Edit Interactions'. This will activate the two sub-icons in each visual - one is a graph icon ("filter"), the other a cancelled icon ("none").

3. Click on the cancelled icon on the visual you want to exclude. Do this for all the visual filters, so that none of them will affect the visual you want excluded.

EditInteractionsNONE.PNG

For example, I have visual filters for Year, Month, and Date. I don't want these impacting the one visual (a card) on achievement %. I just clicked on each of the visual filters and made sure that I clicked on the cancelled icon on the visual for achievement %.

I hope this helps!

Yes, that makes sense. 

Thank you!

sure it makes sense - and the first half of my post will do the trick, assuming there is today no exclude feature for page level filters

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.