cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brent

Stop Map from zooming out

I'm doing some geographical reporting for a state.  I have been provided the latitude/longitude data for the items to map. In the report, I have two slicers and a map. All of my data is being plotted correctly.

What I would like to do is stop the map from zooming all the way out whenever a slicer selection is changed. Ideally, I would like to set the base starting point to be zoomed in at the state, and allow them to zoom in further as needed.

Is there a way to implement this functionality?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sean Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Stop Map from zooming out

This is a very frustrating feature of the maps.

Especially when the slicer selection leads to only one result/location showing on the map

because then the map zooms all the way out so half the country is visible

and the location turns into a single tiny dot that is barely visible even if you use map labels

I wish there was a way to control this so you can make it to stay over a certain town, county or state, region, etc...

so it would be able to zoom in the area you specify but not zoom out further than you set

gova

Re: Stop Map from zooming out

Just encountered this today.  It is very frustrating that once single point is chosen, map zooms out to 1/3 of the country.  

This needs to be fixed - let users specify zoom levels.  SSRS 2012 had this set up to auto or %.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors