Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brent

Stop Map from zooming out

I'm doing some geographical reporting for a state.  I have been provided the latitude/longitude data for the items to map. In the report, I have two slicers and a map. All of my data is being plotted correctly.

What I would like to do is stop the map from zooming all the way out whenever a slicer selection is changed. Ideally, I would like to set the base starting point to be zoomed in at the state, and allow them to zoom in further as needed.

Is there a way to implement this functionality?

2 REPLIES 2
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

This is a very frustrating feature of the maps.

Especially when the slicer selection leads to only one result/location showing on the map

because then the map zooms all the way out so half the country is visible

and the location turns into a single tiny dot that is barely visible even if you use map labels

I wish there was a way to control this so you can make it to stay over a certain town, county or state, region, etc...

so it would be able to zoom in the area you specify but not zoom out further than you set

Just encountered this today.  It is very frustrating that once single point is chosen, map zooms out to 1/3 of the country.  

This needs to be fixed - let users specify zoom levels.  SSRS 2012 had this set up to auto or %.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.