Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop Map from moving when users are scrolling through?

I'm having complaints from my users that when they're scrolling through the report the map starts zooming in.

It's starting to become a big issue any idea on how to lock it and keep  it static??

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Which Map Visual are you using?

The Standard and Filled Map both have an option under Map Controls - Auto Zoom - Off

The Shape Map has a Zoom Option that gives you - 3 options - Auto Zoom, Selection Zoom and Manual Zoom

The Icon Map custom visual has an additonal option to turn off zoom when only 1 item is selected

Unfortunately none of these options do what you really want.

That's why there are many Ideas already created for Map Zooming in the Ideas Forum

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cgifford74

I had the same problem.

If you are using an iframe embed I solved it for myself by using the html attributes like this:

<iframe scrolling="no" style="pointer-events:none;"

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Which Map Visual are you using?

The Standard and Filled Map both have an option under Map Controls - Auto Zoom - Off

The Shape Map has a Zoom Option that gives you - 3 options - Auto Zoom, Selection Zoom and Manual Zoom

The Icon Map custom visual has an additonal option to turn off zoom when only 1 item is selected

Unfortunately none of these options do what you really want.

That's why there are many Ideas already created for Map Zooming in the Ideas Forum

Does anyone know if this has been implemented?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha I was using the filled map, I was really excited reading your answer but you got me with that surprise ending with those two lines.

Ok, well hopefully this gets fixed soon. It's really disruptive to have your map zoom in while you're interacting with a dashboard and ruin user interaction.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.