Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

slc7456
Advocate III
Advocate III

Stop Cross Highlighting / Filtering at a Page Level

Purpose: Have 100+ visuals on a page that do NOT cross highlight or Filter each other. 

Background: I have created 100+ visuals for one page. They are very small and are un-related to one another. Is there a way to say at a page level for them to not cross highlight or filter one another? I know Edit Interaction exists, but this requires me to click one visual and manually set no cross filtering for each visual (i.e. 100+ times). 

Can I say, do not cross highlight any visual in this page easily? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@slc7456

Currently, there's no easy way to disable current visual cross filtering/highlighting to all other visuals in Power BI Desktop. Please submit a feature request on idea.

Regards,

View solution in original post

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

There is now an option called "Query Reduction" under options that lets you do this

Chuck Sterling

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@slc7456

Currently, there's no easy way to disable current visual cross filtering/highlighting to all other visuals in Power BI Desktop. Please submit a feature request on idea.

Regards,

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

There is now an option called "Query Reduction" under options that lets you do this

Chuck Sterling

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I was just working on a report with 72 graphics, and was scared at the notion of having to manually disable cross filtering 5,184 times.

So many thanks to you Chass.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

To the best of my knowledge, no. I take it that all of these visuals are generated by a single table or tables that have to be related to one another?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.