Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stock on Hand reducing quantity

Hi,

I have a few materials which consume the same bill of material, in order to produce a finished product.

Currently, I have a very simple subtraction formula.

But it is now showing that the stock on hand is reducing for the bill of material.

Finished productBill of materialStock on hand Bill of material Due to deliverer finished productCorrect VarianceIncorrect Variance
390555zGDE390555ZZDE14317 97833393339
390555zGDE390555ZZDE14317 200713322310
390555zGDE390555ZZDE14317 1540-2082777

The stock on hand for material 390555ZZDE1 = 4317,  but I need it to reduce with each consumption of the material.

Will you be able to help with this, please?

Regards and Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to create an index column first in power query editor to calculate.

If you do not want the index column load into your table, you can use power query for calculations throughout. The whole query would be like this:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMrY0MDU1rXJ3cVXSgXKiolxcDYE8E2NDcyBlaW6hFKtDjEojAwNzIpUampoYKMXGAgA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Finished product" = _t, #"Bill of material" = _t, #"Stock on hand Bill of material" = _t, #"Due to deliverer finished product" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Finished product", type text}, {"Bill of material", type text}, {"Stock on hand Bill of material", Int64.Type}, {"Due to deliverer finished product", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Changed Type", "Index", 1, 1, Int64.Type),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Index", "Result", each [Stock on hand Bill of material] -List.Sum(List.Range(#"Added Index"[Due to deliverer finished product],0,[Index]))),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Index"}),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Columns",{{"Result", Int64.Type}})
in
    #"Changed Type1"

pq.png

If you want to use DAX to calculate, the index column would be kept and you can create a calculated column like this:

Result = 
[Stock on hand Bill of material]
    - CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'Table_DAX'[Due to deliverer finished product] ),
        FILTER ( 'Table_DAX', 'Table_DAX'[Index] <= EARLIER ( 'Table_DAX'[Index] ) )
    )

dax.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to create an index column first in power query editor to calculate.

If you do not want the index column load into your table, you can use power query for calculations throughout. The whole query would be like this:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMrY0MDU1rXJ3cVXSgXKiolxcDYE8E2NDcyBlaW6hFKtDjEojAwNzIpUampoYKMXGAgA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Finished product" = _t, #"Bill of material" = _t, #"Stock on hand Bill of material" = _t, #"Due to deliverer finished product" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Finished product", type text}, {"Bill of material", type text}, {"Stock on hand Bill of material", Int64.Type}, {"Due to deliverer finished product", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Changed Type", "Index", 1, 1, Int64.Type),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Index", "Result", each [Stock on hand Bill of material] -List.Sum(List.Range(#"Added Index"[Due to deliverer finished product],0,[Index]))),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Index"}),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Columns",{{"Result", Int64.Type}})
in
    #"Changed Type1"

pq.png

If you want to use DAX to calculate, the index column would be kept and you can create a calculated column like this:

Result = 
[Stock on hand Bill of material]
    - CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'Table_DAX'[Due to deliverer finished product] ),
        FILTER ( 'Table_DAX', 'Table_DAX'[Index] <= EARLIER ( 'Table_DAX'[Index] ) )
    )

dax.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, will try and let you know 😃

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I am not quite sure how you have set up your files and the calculations. Better, you could share a sample PBIX file explaining the issues and the desired results.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors