cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aneelismaily Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Stepped line chart changing the course in the middle of two points

Stepped line chart in power bi is changing the course in the middle of two points, is there any way to push the line all the way to next point before it drops or rise? see the sample below

Image.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Stepped line chart changing the course in the middle of two points

HI @aneelismaily,

I think it is hard to achieve this requirement, can you please share some sample data for test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Frequent Visitor

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @aneelismaily,

It seems like I failed to modify the line graph, I try to use measure to change graph but it effect visual graph and show data on wrong point.

15.PNG

I'd like to suggest you submit an idea for modify step effect to let graph trend to high point.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Frequent Visitor

will there be a possibility to add another data point using measures (at run time for only the data set we are dealing with for the chart at that time) right before the next data point, may be with one second before, with same value as previous data point and then instead of using stepped line chart we just use the line chart so it will connect three points in such a way that it will look like what i am asking to achieve? since our data behind the scene is too large, i would like to do something like this only on run time so performacne doesn't get impacted.

Frequent Visitor

Also, pls share what you did with measures, i would like to show it to my business users to see if they like that option.