Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stepped line chart changing the course in the middle of two points

Stepped line chart in power bi is changing the course in the middle of two points, is there any way to push the line all the way to next point before it drops or rise? see the sample below

Image.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pak
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Anonymous 

Maybe this isn't a solution but i used Power KPI 2.0.0 from Marketplace and in Format -> Line options choose Step-After. I used fields Axis and Values only. In my case it looks like that:

step-after2.jpg

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
pak
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Anonymous 

Maybe this isn't a solution but i used Power KPI 2.0.0 from Marketplace and in Format -> Line options choose Step-After. I used fields Axis and Values only. In my case it looks like that:

step-after2.jpg

Ahak
Frequent Visitor

HI @pak 

is their an possibility to Format the x-Axis. So I have time from a time table and want 00:00:00 as the beginning and 23:59:59 the End. Do you know a solution for that with the Power KPI 2.0.0 Visual ?
Many thanks, 

Hi @Ahak 

I resigned from using Power KPI because I have a lot of data and it wasn't working well with it. 

So I can't help with your question.

thanks @pak , that custom visual worked for me!

Hi all, @pak 

Does anybody have a solution for creating a stepped stacked area chart? I have the same issue where the step occurs mid-way between the two points.

Many thanks in advance.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

I think it is hard to achieve this requirement, can you please share some sample data for test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous,

It seems like I failed to modify the line graph, I try to use measure to change graph but it effect visual graph and show data on wrong point.

15.PNG

I'd like to suggest you submit an idea for modify step effect to let graph trend to high point.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, pls share what you did with measures, i would like to show it to my business users to see if they like that option.

@Anonymous I also have this requirement. Were you able to find a solution in the end?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really, we basically continued to use step chart and explained the client about this limitation.
Anonymous
Not applicable

will there be a possibility to add another data point using measures (at run time for only the data set we are dealing with for the chart at that time) right before the next data point, may be with one second before, with same value as previous data point and then instead of using stepped line chart we just use the line chart so it will connect three points in such a way that it will look like what i am asking to achieve? since our data behind the scene is too large, i would like to do something like this only on run time so performacne doesn't get impacted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.