Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

adriansuteu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Step-by-Step guide on Date table

Hello.

I am new to Power BI and I can't make the date table work the way it is supposed to be and therefore I can't use Time intelligence. I have experience in Dynamics CRM, Access and Excel and I get the basics. But it seems like I am missing something and it doesn't work.

I have downloaded the Date table from azure marketplace (https://datamarket.azure.com/dataset/boyanpenev/datestream) but it didn't work that way neither. It just doesn't get my calculation right or it doesn't get me the options to filter by date/month/quarter etc.

I think that I don't get the relationships right, although I have created a many-to-one relationship from the field OrderDate(format as date) to the field Date(format date from the Date table). More than one order can be placed on the same day.

Can you please tell me if there is a step-by-step guide with all the required steps? So that I will be able to spot my mistakes and correct them.

Thanks,

Adrian

5 REPLIES 5
HarshaliPatel

Hey Ankit,

I think these articles on Power BI would help you How to create a date table in Power BI in 2 simple steps and How to Download & Install Power BI in 7 Simple Steps...Smiley Happy

HarshaliPatel

Hello Ankit,

I think this article will help you solve you problem. How to create a date table in Power BI in 2 simple steps

and How to Download & Install Power BI in 7 Simple Steps

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@adriansuteu so that I understood you correctly, you're trying to use Date field in your visuals to be able to analyse by year, month and quarter right ?

@ankitpatira Exactly. I want to be able to compare date from different time-frames. I have used multiple resources to find out how to work with Date table. But they were all vague. Therefore I am missing something and I don't know what.

That is why I would appreciate if you could point me to a resource with a compelte, step-by-step guide (video tutorial or text with images)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.