Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Static totals line on a bar chart visualisation

Hi there,

I have looked around different place and asked a couple of quesitons but can't seem to lock down if this is possible or not.

I have a visualisation which shows on a weekly basis the total number of hardware resources needed for our new artists starting.

Using 1 item as an example - Spec A96R (a workstation)

For the bar chart side of this there would be weekly bars to show the total needed for our onboarders.

17 May - 8

24 May - 6

31 May - 11

I also pull in our CMDB information and derive counts of our hardware (allocated / unallocated).

What I would like to show on the visualisation is a horizontal line that shows at the current point in time the unallocated count for the hardware.  

In this example as of now there are 27 Spec A96R unallocated, so there would be vertical bars of the various weeks need for the machines and horizontal lines from the CMDB that shows the same hardware just as their unallocated total.

Is there a way to achieve this in a visualisation.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use MAX LINE OR MIN LINE from Visualization pane >> Analytics!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I just used Line and Cluster column chart from the Visualization pane. 

dataset.png

Graph.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeh I tried that but the issue is the CMDB doesn't have a date as such.  The measure I have just displays the total per Hardware Description that = unallocated.  There is only ever 1 number per hardware item at any given time as it is a total.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please provide more information related to columns and measures of your model.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This measure just calculates the total for the hardware items.  I then filter it for 'Unallocated'

ReportingFieldCount = CALCULATE(COUNT('Ch_Computer_Config'[HCReportingField]))
The other table 'tblNewStarters' has a count based off the transform which for a given week is the sum of the hardware items needed, which aligns with what I referred to above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use MAX LINE OR MIN LINE from Visualization pane >> Analytics!

Anonymous
Not applicable

so do the bar chart based on the new starter information and use the max in the analytics from the measure?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, try that way once!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , We need to know the dimension and measure for that .

Assume for item dimension fact allocation show allocation 

then

sumx(values(Item[Item]), if(isblank(countrows(allocation)) , 1, blank())

Bascially converting blank means no record to 1 and record to null

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.