Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TrentS
Advocate II
Advocate II

Static Week Time Intelligence

Good day all,

I have a report that will only be updated on Mondays. Currently, I have a column created with the following:

Last Update = IF(
'Table'[Status_Name] = "OPEN" || 'Table'[Status_Name] = "Pending",
IF(
ISBLANK(Table[Last_Update_Date]), DATEDIFF(Table[Open_Date_Non_Blank], TODAY(), DAY),
DATEDIFF(Table[Last_Update_Date], TODAY(), DAY)
))

I also have a custom Date table with a "week_ending" column (Sundays) available. The report will only be refreshed on Mondays but could be accessed for information at anytime. This column is used in other calculations like determining average of how many days since the case was last updated, % of contacts /week, etc.

For example, a measure using the formula:
Measure = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Table),FILTER(Table, Table[Last Update]<=7),Table[Status_Name] = "Open")
This gives me a count of the open cases that were updated in the last 7 days.

While the formula and subsequent calculations work, the TODAY function modifies the results when looked at after Monday. 
What do I need to replace that TODAY function with so that it only displays the DATEDIFF based on the report refresh date?
Essentially, I need it static not dynamic based on the day the report is viewed. What it is on Monday is what it should show until the refresh the following Monday.

Aside: If anyone also has a suggestion on how to track or calculate a trend of the result from the final formula, please suggest it! Apart from manually recording it and loading it to an Excel file for charting, I am at a loss...

Thanks!
Trent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In case, you want to get last Monday every time.

1. Try taking the max of Last update date into a Var. Ideally, it should give Max date of data

2. Take Weekend in a Var use it.

Calculate(max(weekend_date),ddate<today)

3. Monday has WeekDay 2. If Today is more than that or 1 then adjust 

if(WEEKDAY(Today())<>2, Today()-WEEKDAY(Today())+2,WEEKDAY(Today())

Need to handle when it is 1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

maybe you find this useful: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Week-commencing-in-DAX/m-p/241304

I can imagine that you create a column that will always have the date of the last Monday, regardless when the report will be used.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thanks Tom.

I have a EoW and SoW in both my Date table and tried it inside the source table itself, just to eliminate any relational issues. I replaced the Today call with the End of WEEK fields and don't get the expected results.

Suggestions on how I would call those fields within a column such as in my formula above?

In case, you want to get last Monday every time.

1. Try taking the max of Last update date into a Var. Ideally, it should give Max date of data

2. Take Weekend in a Var use it.

Calculate(max(weekend_date),ddate<today)

3. Monday has WeekDay 2. If Today is more than that or 1 then adjust 

if(WEEKDAY(Today())<>2, Today()-WEEKDAY(Today())+2,WEEKDAY(Today())

Need to handle when it is 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.