Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Static Pie/Donut Chart Legend

I am creating a report to show the status of multiple projects, and I'm having trouble with creating a pie/donut chart. The chart will display the status (Does Not Apply, Not Started, In Process, Complete) for each role (ME, QE, MR, PC, TL) working on the project. Example.JPG

When creating the pie/donut chart, I'm not sure what to use for the legend. I've tried using the ME column, but if the ME column does not contain each of the status options, this will no longer work. I've also tried creating a separate table that contains a "Statuses" column with each of the status options, but I can not get it to work. If you need more explanation I will try my best to clarify the issue. Thank you in adavance for any help you can offer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try the following in Edit Queries:

Select ME, QE, MR, PC, TL -> Transform - > Unpivot Columns -> Only seclected columns. 

Pie_1.png

Once you do this, you will get the following:

Pie_2.png

Then you can use the Atrribute column as Legend in your pie chart. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try the following in Edit Queries:

Select ME, QE, MR, PC, TL -> Transform - > Unpivot Columns -> Only seclected columns. 

Pie_1.png

Once you do this, you will get the following:

Pie_2.png

Then you can use the Atrribute column as Legend in your pie chart. Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.