Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tvm_analyst
Frequent Visitor

Static KPI target

I have this measure that shows the % of Windows systems that have critical vulnerabilities patched within 30 days.

windows_asset_goal = 

var MEASURE_VALUE = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('public fact_asset_vulnerability_finding_date'[asset_id]), 'public dim_asset'[os_family] = "Windows", 'public dim_vulnerability'[dlx_severity] = "Critical", 'public fact_asset_vulnerability_finding_date'[status] = "Closed", 'public fact_asset_vulnerability_finding_date'[days_known] <= 30)

var BASELINE_VALUE = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('public fact_asset_vulnerability_finding_date'[asset_id]), 'public dim_asset'[os_family] = "Windows")

RETURN

DIVIDE(MEASURE_VALUE, BASELINE_VALUE)

The result is shown as a % of the grand total in the KPI visual.

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 10.24.27 AM.png

The target measure is a static value.

windows_asset_goal_target = 0.95

The issue is when I add the target measure to the visual, it returns blank for the primary measure.  

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 10.38.34 AM.png

Any idea what is going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you all for your help on this topic.  The issue had to do with the static goal, the visual was creating a line at .95 for every date, even if the date did not include the values being measured.  Changing "goal_target_windows = 0.95" to the measure below fixed the problem. 

__goal_target_windows = 
IF('public fact_asset_vulnerability_finding_date'[__windows_os_goal] > 0.00, 0.95, BLANK())
//0.95

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tvm_analyst ,

Have your issue be resolved?Could you please provide more details about it If it still not be soleved? Please don't have any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you all for your help on this topic.  The issue had to do with the static goal, the visual was creating a line at .95 for every date, even if the date did not include the values being measured.  Changing "goal_target_windows = 0.95" to the measure below fixed the problem. 

__goal_target_windows = 
IF('public fact_asset_vulnerability_finding_date'[__windows_os_goal] > 0.00, 0.95, BLANK())
//0.95

Thanks.

JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Try changing the datatype of the target measure to percentage:

image.png

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for the quick response.  Unfortunately I get the same issue.  I played around different datatypes for each of the measures, but nothing changes.

Hi @JarroVGIT ,

Sorry for that, but we cannot reproduce this issue on Power BI Desktop(December 2019), could you please use "See Data" to verify if the measure calculte the right value? Please don't have any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

3.jpg4.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.