Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Caldowd98
Helper I
Helper I

Start of previous month formula

Hi community,

I have a table like the example below, were i am trying to compare the difference between 2 values across months.

I want to see if there is a decrease between the qty at the start of this month vs the start of last month.

EG In the below example, i want my formula to find the first day that there is data for the previous month, and compare this against the first day there is data for the next month. (This may not always be consistent)

Is this possible ?

Many thanks !

ProductDateQTY
Product 101.02.2022700
Product 114.02.2022750
Product 101.03.2022750
Product 214.03.2022750
2 REPLIES 2
Caldowd98
Helper I
Helper I

Hi thanks for the help - i have changed the data slightly so in my raw data i have a tag against each row that is the first value for the month.

I will add this as a filter on the page, and then i want to create 2 fields. Previous month QTY & This month QTY.

I want to show in a table these values across each month.

I this possible with the above method ?

Thanks !

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Caldowd98 , New measures

//based on selecteddate or or today
previous months =
var _max = maxx(allselected('Date'), 'Date'[Date]) //or//Today()
return
calculate(sum(Table[QTY]), filter(all('Date'), 'Date'[Date] = eomonth(_max,-2)+1)

//based on selecteddate or or today
next months =
var _max = maxx(allselected('Date'), 'Date'[Date]) //or//Today()
return
calculate(sum(Table[QTY]), filter(all('Date'), 'Date'[Date] = eomonth(_max,0)+1)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.