Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RemiAnthonise
Helper V
Helper V

Start graphics or visuals later but WITH previous data

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with this issue:

I have a dataset with data < 1-1-2017. I want to display some data in a graphic but starting at 1-1-2017. But I want to include previous data, so kind of a sum including data before 2017. I don't need to see previous years in my graphic but I want to have the data when my graphic starts at 1-1-2017.

See image below. I expect to start on the second image with value +- 4.5k and not from zero. Can you help?

start graph.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RemiAnthonise

Do you mean the value for 1-1-2017 should be the previous data before 2017/1/1 instead of 0?

Could you show me an example of your data?

Best Regards

Maggie 

Hi @v-juanli-msft

Here you'll find my sample. Note: the original file is a big file so to download it can take a while.

Below screenshot is from page 1. Page 2 and page 3 have the same problem but I expect that I can handle this of we can solve the problem on page 1.

All the data in the black box should be summed so the line in the red box starts on 1-1-2017 with approx 1178 as start data,

chart.jpg

Hi @v-juanli-msft ,

Did you get a chance to take a look at my file?

Thanks, cheers.

Hi @RemiAnthonise 

Does the file contains security data? 

it seems it is a realistic data.

To protect your client's data, i suggest you to delete it and next time just to provide simple example data.

By the way, i have downloaded your file, but it is so big that it needs much time to run on my server.

I would simplify your original file and work on it, i will come back as soon as i figure out this problem.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie @v-juanli-msft ,

I can share this data, it's alright according my customers since it's not complete and it's public data. I've deleted some unnecessary data so now it's more accessible. You can find it here.

Thanks for your help.

RemiAnthonise
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, is there anyone who can help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.