Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Start date vs End Date

Hi everyone, 

Can you please help me with a measure that calculates using the following logic?

Ex11.png

I dont necessary needs a specific month as the example, Id like to show the data in a Table using the months/quarters/years from a Calendar Table where I can see the % of projects that starts in one month and ends in another one!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a measure as below:

Measure = 
VAR _cursdate=MAX('Table'[Fecha Inicio])
VAR _startinsmonth= CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[ID Actividad]),FILTER('Table', MONTH('Table'[Fecha Inicio])=MONTH(_cursdate)))
VAR _startendnotinsmonth = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[ID Actividad]),FILTER('Table', MONTH('Table'[Fecha Inicio])=MONTH(_cursdate)&&MONTH('Table'[Fecha Fin])<>MONTH(_cursdate)))
RETURN 
DIVIDE(_startendnotinsmonth,_startinsmonth)

Start date vs End Date.JPG

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a measure as below:

Measure = 
VAR _cursdate=MAX('Table'[Fecha Inicio])
VAR _startinsmonth= CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[ID Actividad]),FILTER('Table', MONTH('Table'[Fecha Inicio])=MONTH(_cursdate)))
VAR _startendnotinsmonth = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[ID Actividad]),FILTER('Table', MONTH('Table'[Fecha Inicio])=MONTH(_cursdate)&&MONTH('Table'[Fecha Fin])<>MONTH(_cursdate)))
RETURN 
DIVIDE(_startendnotinsmonth,_startinsmonth)

Start date vs End Date.JPG

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try measures like

% ended in same Month = divide(countx(filter(Table, eomonth([start date],0)= eomonth([end date],0)),Table[Task]), count(Table[Task]))

% ended in different Month = divide(countx(filter(Table, eomonth([start date],0)= eomonth([end date],0)),Table[Task]), count(Table[Task]))

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried with your measures and worked in some way, now it is giving me the right result, however if I list the tasks on a table, it is not showing me the ones that were not completed the same month, only the ones that did.

This is the data model, maybe you can have a better idea with this

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ag7DnkvMsR95szrMjdViLqwnK5NT?e=FQZdMw

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors