Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Start & end date page level filter dynamic

hi everyone, 

I've almost completed my first dashboard. 

Now that I'm adding more data I came accross the following issue. 

- I have a table with product numbers that were in a specific customer deal (ex: summer deal)

- In another table I have start and end dates of those deals

- I have a slicer that selects the deal and shows the items that were in that deal

- When I click 'summer deal' slicer I want the start date to be 20 june and end date to be 20 sept. So all the dates in my visuals go to that specific period of time. For this I made the correct relationships and everything. 

- Until now I filled the visual level filter manually via the advanced date filtering, using 'on and before' and 'on and after' but I wish I could drag my start and enddates here. But that is not possible. 

Does anybody know a different way to do this? I don't want to use a date slicer because there I can only fill in either the start or the end date, not the range. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

after long long long searching. I have decided to use the bookmark option and set the start and end dates manually for every promotional period so my management doesn't have to set those when they view my dashboard. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rienster,

Date slicers can be configured as type;

Between

Before

After

List

Dropdown

Relative

Just click on the down carret top right of the date slicer and select the between type.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I know, but then it is still not automatically filled in. If I drag the start date to the field, then the start date changes but then I don't have an end date, I can't drag two things to the field. A measure doesnt work either 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

after long long long searching. I have decided to use the bookmark option and set the start and end dates manually for every promotional period so my management doesn't have to set those when they view my dashboard. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.