Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mehal1996
Helper II
Helper II

Stacked chart with scattered data points

Hello,

I'm looking to create an output which represents what the attached image shows (below). Is this possible to do in Power BI?

I don't have a data set yet as I'm not too sure what the optimal layout would be in order to achieve this output from a backend data perspective. 

At a high level, I essentially need to show 3 Role Levels on a chart represented by the bars & then ontop of that layer on Salary Bands where each Role Level has 3 Salary Bands (Low, Mid, High). Once this is set, I then need to add a scatter of where my employees sit regarding the Role Level they are at and how much Salary they actually get paid. 

Role Levels & Salary Bands.PNG

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks. 🙂

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Mehal1996 

As mentioned by @samdthompson , no single chart can achieve that.You need to consider combining visual objects.

Please try  Python Visualizations in Power BI. (Strip Plot from the Seaborn visualization library)

Related post:

https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/using-jitter-to-avoid-over-plotting-in-power-bi 

99.png

After plotting  the chart ,you need to manually divide areas to get the result you want.

101.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

samdthompson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello, there isn't a chart I am aware of that will achieve that (maybe some paid for third party one but they have inherrent problems). I did frankenstein together a solution for a similar problem using a scatter chart for the dots and a column chart for the bands which I overlaid on each other using transparent backgrounds, no axis titles on one or the other etc. Not an ideal solution but it has worked like a charm for a few years now.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp 768x460.png

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors