Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FoolzRailer
Helper I
Helper I

Stacked chart and date drilldown

Hello

I have a two tables with date/time and several columns worth of data in each. I have for each created a Date column without the time, and created a separate table with just a Date in it as well. All Date tables are set up with a hieracy Year, Qtr, Month, Date and the two tables with date have a Many-One relationsship with the Date table. 

I currently have a stacked chart with axis as date and values set to max. My problem is when I would like to click 2012 for example, and then the Stacked bar chart should zoom in and show values spread out over 2012 from january-december.  Instead it just shows the values for that year as dot. 

How do I go about getting it to "zoom" correctly to that area? Or for instance can I use a Slicer with dates and then get it too zoom after that? 

StackedChart.pngStackedChart1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems I can get around it if i Click on a year in my Matrix, and afterwards right-click my Stacked Chart and use Expand to next level (paraphrasing, my language is danish).

Then I can get it too show values like I would have them. But is possible to this as default and dynamicly with the matrix? 

working.pngworkwork.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi ,

Could you verify whether you are using the date or the year in the axis? If you have the date selected, it should still show all dates within the year interval you filter. If you used year in the axis it will indeed only return a dot since it will aggregate the values by year. Below you'll find an example:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Tim

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I have the hierachy added. 

Skærmbillede 2021-05-11 142901.png

It seems I can get around it if i Click on a year in my Matrix, and afterwards right-click my Stacked Chart and use Expand to next level (paraphrasing, my language is danish).

Then I can get it too show values like I would have them. But is possible to this as default and dynamicly with the matrix? 

working.pngworkwork.png

A yes I see, yeah you can have the visual automatically change the axis size/labels by placing only the date column in the axis (not the hierarchy). the hierarchy will fix the visual on the level you have drilled down to. When just using the date column it will automatically change the labels based on how large your selection is.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.