Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lilych
Helper II
Helper II

Stacked bar chart not showing all data

I am trying to display data in a stacked bar chart like below that shows the count of incidents by product and application area for that product.

lilych_1-1595347741998.png

What ends up happening is mocked below. The chart only shows the blank Application Area for Product A (and other products), even though there are values for the other application areas for that product. I have checked the underlying data and confirmed that there is data. There are a lot of Application Areas in my real data and it seems my chart is only showing data up to 60 of the many application areas. Is there a cap on how much data these charts can show? How can I fix this to display all data?

lilych_2-1595347807073.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @lilych,

You can try to add a group to your legend with a fuzzy category, it should not able to display whole legends if your records contain too many types of categories. (It seems like your 'blank' category existed too many records, power bi will auto-hide some legends with smaller percent on the data bar to reduce the complexity of graph)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @lilych,

I can't reproduce this, it works on my side when I test on sample data.

Did these fields all from the same table or visual designed based on different table fields based on relationship keys? (it seems like your fields do not map correctly)
Can you please share some dummy data to test?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft - 

The chart is pulling thousands of records, which I suspect may be the reason as I have checked filters, etc. This data comes from my fact table and my product table and believe they are mapped correctly. 

Below is a screenshot of the actual chart.  You will see that for Product B that all are blank for the Application Area, however this is not the actual case. There are over 1000 possible values for the Application Area, where each product has a specific set of application areas that can be applied to it. From what I can tell from the legend, the Application Area stops at 60 of the 1125 possible application areas and is in alphabetical order. For Product B, for example, after (blank), the next application area starts at the letter W, so when I'm trying to look at all products and the breakdown by Application Area, it is showing only (blank) as it seems like there is a limit to how many the chart can show.

When i isolate the chart down to Product B itself, it then shows the actual breakdown, where the dark blue is (blank) and the next application area, which starts at W, now shows in brown. 

Is there any known limitation to how many values a legend can show?

lilych_0-1596041908307.png

lilych_2-1596042710749.png

HI @lilych,

You can try to add a group to your legend with a fuzzy category, it should not able to display whole legends if your records contain too many types of categories. (It seems like your 'blank' category existed too many records, power bi will auto-hide some legends with smaller percent on the data bar to reduce the complexity of graph)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Thanks @v-shex-msft - i'll play around with that.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lilych , Something is wrong. A3 is not there. it is getting filtered.

Check attached file

Hi @amitchandak , i checked for filters and nothing is being filtered out. When i convert the chart to a table to see the underlying data, I do see A3 (or the application areas with data), but when I flip it back to the chart, for some reason, it is only showing the blank values. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.