Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stacked bar chart based off measure values

I am trying to create a 100% stacked column based off the results of the measure below: I have created a DistinctCount measure to give me a count of items per Par Location ID(screenshot below). I have tried doing some Calculate/Countrow variations, but I think I'm missing a piece of the puzzle to bring everything together. Would I need to create separate measures for each of these 5 outputs in order to create a stacked bar chart? Currently it just shows the chart as 100% "HOT," and doesn't factor in the other 4 values.

ITEM STATUS =
IF('2_Bin_Query'[DelPerWeek] = 0, "STALE",
IF('2_Bin_Query'[DaysToTurn] = 0, "SLOW",
IF( '2_Bin_Query'[DaysToTurn] <= [HotSpinCalc],
"HOT",
IF([DaysToTurn] >=[ColdSpinCalc],
"COLD",
"OPTIMAL"
))))

The table below is used to monitor inventory usage/levels at various locations. I want the stacked column to show percentage of Hot, Cold, Optimal, Stale, Slow.
Choose Value.PNG
I was able to do this in Tableau by getting a distinct count of items and colorizing a simple Fixed LOD expression.
LOD.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Please provide some sample data in source table and the DAX formula for those measures, [DelPerWeek], [DaysToTurn],

[HotSpinCalc] and [ColdSpinCalc].

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

DelPerWeek = MIN('Cart Locations Delivery Schedule'[Delivery Days])
DaysToTurn = [DATERANGE]/[NumOfOrders]
DATERANGE = DATEDIFF(MAX('2_Bin_Query'[Demand Date]), TODAY(), DAY)
ColdSpinCalc = 5*(1+(7/[DelPerWeek])+2)
HotSpinCalc = (1+(7/[DelPerWeek])+2)
NumOfOrders = CALCULATE(COUNT('2_Bin_Query'[Item Number]), ALLEXCEPT('2_Bin_Query', '2_Bin_Query'[Item Number], '2_Bin_Query'[Par Location ID]))

I have attached the source data in an excel table, if you want me to attach the PBIX file instead, let me know. Also, thanks for the article to get answers quickly. I was thinking if there is a way to create a reference table for the outputs of the original IF statement, that might be the way to go. Not sure if that is the best way to go about solving this, so I am open to whatever solutions you may recommend. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.