Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AKSteffensen
Frequent Visitor

Stacked area chart trendline

Hi,

I have data on the following form

Case keyStart DateCase TypeCase Status
A-111-05-2019AOpen
A-112-05-2019ARefining
A-113-05-2019AClosed
B-211-05-2019BOpen
B-211-05-2019BIn progress
B-212-05-2019BDeveloped
B-213-05-2019BClosed

and so on, and have used it to create a stacked bar graph that displays burn-up in a graph similar to the one below.

burn-up mock.png

What I am currently missing however, is the red trendline based on the observations with [Case Status] = "Closed".  The trendline should be based on all of the currently available data and should aid in predicting the amount of closed cases at a specific date.

The stacked area chart visualization sadly does not currently have the option to add trendlines. Hence, I am looking for help/inspiration regarding how this could be done currently. It should preferably be done using a measure of some sort, as I would like to be able to filter on Case Status, Case Type etc.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AKSteffensen ,

Yes, there is no trend line for us to add in stack area chart in power bi currently.

What about trying other chart which has the trend line in power bi?

In addition, you may try the Line and Stacked column chart, then you could create the measure for Closed red as the line.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AKSteffensen ,

Yes, there is no trend line for us to add in stack area chart in power bi currently.

What about trying other chart which has the trend line in power bi?

In addition, you may try the Line and Stacked column chart, then you could create the measure for Closed red as the line.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft 

Since I have already implemented the regression as a measure, the Line and Stacked column chart column chart actually works. It just does not look as nice, as I would have liked it to, since I wanted the stacked area chart and not stacked columns. 

Hoping for such functionality at some point.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Andreas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.