Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BastiaanBrak
Helper IV
Helper IV

Stacked area chart - Color problem

hello, it seems as if the Data Colors set to the columns of the 'Stacked area chart' visual are applied with a default Transparency setting that can't be removed. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

image.png

See sample workbook here:

https://send.firefox.com/download/f26eb1e816/#j2ETtSWkT_EgZ9FOUecExg

Thanks, Bastiaan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BastiaanBrak ,

We can't change it for now. The good news is it will be improved soon. Maybe we can have the feature to change it in April or May 2019. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Bastiaan,

What do you mean the default Transparency? Do you mean the color is a little light?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi Dale, @v-jiascu-msft

Yes, that's what I meant. I added three shapes to the right of the stacked area chart that I gave exactly the same Fill colour, then played around with the transparency to see at what level it (approximately) matches that of the stacked area chart. It seems as if the 'default transparency' for the stacked area chart is set at 60% but without the possibility to change this. This is a problem for me as I want to match the colours to the colours in another visual, a map, where I can't set the transparency to 60%,

Hope that makes sense.

See updated workbook here:

https://send.firefox.com/download/92f634b0de/#_Pqta_JFUoAQIeRUuYuVSw

image.png

Thanks, Bastiaan

Hi @BastiaanBrak ,

We can't change it for now. The good news is it will be improved soon. Maybe we can have the feature to change it in April or May 2019. 

Best Regards,

Hello,

I couldn't find a solution to this problem still, so I was wondering, is this still something that is yet to be solved over three years later? I am also stuck at 60% transparency and I am confused as to why this is an option if it is impossible to change it. Perhaps I am missing a step, I would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks,

Vik

Is it now fixed? (If so, how to I remove the default transparency?)

It's a real pity as it's fixed for the legend, but not for the area charted, and means I can't use the visual at present.

thanks

Tom

Is this fixed? I didn't see the stacked area color can be changed. Please let me know if it is fixed.

Thanks for clarifying @v-jiascu-msft, looking forward to see the amended version soon-ish.

Best wishes, Bastiaan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.