Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stacked Column chart conditional formatting not working correctly

Hello Community

I currently have a stacked column chart in which I have WEEK numbers on the axis and FTR roadtankers as value.

FTR stands for "first time right" and it represents the percentage of all roadtankers that had no troubles. 

I would like to conditional format this stacked column chart so that when the percentage is higher than 80% the bar is colored blue and when it is lower than 80% the bar is red.

I applied the conditional formatting rules you can see in the first print screen to a table and to the stacked column chart. In the second print screen you can see it works correctly for the table but not for the stacked column chart. What am I doing wrong here?

Kind regards, 

Rowan

Conditional formating.JPGresult.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

The conditional formatting takes the difference between the minimum and maximum values as the cardinality of Percent, not the total. You need to adjust it to something like rules below:

11.PNG

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
boyerusmc
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, this isn't a solution for a STACKED COLUMN chart, only for column / clustered column charts. I'm still looking for a solution to this as well. I have a budget burn down chart - stacked column - where the full bar represents the entire budget with the "stack" being the remaining budget (balance) based on what's been billed. each column / bar is a different client. I would like to have any negative balances (more billed than total budget / below ZERO line) to be red.

Thanks!

v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

The conditional formatting takes the difference between the minimum and maximum values as the cardinality of Percent, not the total. You need to adjust it to something like rules below:

11.PNG

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help. It works perfect now.

kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Can you post a sample Power BI file ?

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!