Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frequent Visitor

Stacked Column Chart with 2-3 Values

Hello,

I created the following stacked column charts in Excel using Pivot Tables and need to find a way to build the same/similar charts using Power BI in a stacked format.  Here are screenshots of the charts made in Excel that I need to replicate in Power BI...

Trended Pipeline Forecast by Deal Status showing Pipeline against Weighted Pipeline values (per month)

86010991_0-1606237666257.png

Trended 3-Month Pipeline Forecast by Deal Status showcasing Pipeline, Weighted Pipeline, and Budget values (per month)

86010991_1-1606237746639.png

Power BI will not allow me to add multiple value fields while trying to create the stacked chart view...

Does anyone know a way that it would be possible to generate these types of reports in Power BI?  Thanks in advance! 

-Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @86010991 ,

Yes, it is possible.  you can create a disconnected table:

Capture2.PNG

Then you can put date column and it in Axis and set concatenate labels off:

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Create a new measure by SWITCH  for values like:

Measure = SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]),"Pipleline",.......,"W-Pipleline",......,"FY21 Budget",.......)

For more details,  please refer to the similar post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Stacked-bar-chart-help-to-use-multiple-values/td-p/986028

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Visitor

Hi Dedmon, 

Thank you very much for your reply to this question.  I was able to create a disconnected table and put date column and the disconnected table in X-Axis and set concatenate labels off.  I am just starting to use Power BI this month, so I am unfamiliar with the Measures feature and how to create a new measure as you outlined (the one I created shown below doesn't seem to work)...

Here is what I created, but I am having trouble tying everything together: 

multi Axis table - Power BI.pngRelationships-Power BI.pngVisuals Power BI view.png

*Extended Amount (Base) represents Pipeline, Weighted Pipeline is W-Pipeline, and FY21 Budget is the same.  

Can you please share in detail how I can tie everything together?  

Thanks again in advance,

Alex 

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @86010991 ,

Yes, it is possible.  you can create a disconnected table:

Capture2.PNG

Then you can put date column and it in Axis and set concatenate labels off:

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Create a new measure by SWITCH  for values like:

Measure = SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]),"Pipleline",.......,"W-Pipleline",......,"FY21 Budget",.......)

For more details,  please refer to the similar post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Stacked-bar-chart-help-to-use-multiple-values/td-p/986028

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.