cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mibu Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Stacked Column Chart made up of created column data show timefram values as percentages

Hi Power BI Community,

I have a Stacked Column Chart made up of created column data, binary in nature:  data for each line item is either Yes or No.

I want to show Yes and No as a percentage of their total count...  for timeframe indicated, either week or month.

Thoughts on how to get what are now two numbers showing with percentages?

Thanks!

mibu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Stacked Column Chart made up of created column data show timefram values as percentages

Hi,

The measure should be

=CALCULATE(SUM(FactData[Units]),FactData[M/NM]="M")/CALCULATE(SUM(FactData[Units]),ALL(FactData[M/NM]))

Hope this helps.

Untitled.png

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Re: Stacked Column Chart made up of created column data show timefram values as percentages

Hi,

Try this

Measure=COUNTROWS(Data)/CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Data),ALL(Data[Response]))

Response is the Name of the column which has Yes/No.  Data is the name of the Table.

Hope this helps.

mibu Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks @Ashish_Mathur!

Meausre looks like:

Measure=COUNTROWS(TableName)/CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(TableName),ALL(TableName[ColumnName]))

I get no errors in the measure...  but output looks as follows...  100% for each (Yes and No), rather than correct percentage of each for timeframe indicated.

Note:  Reiterating that data in ColumnName is a custom column, created by Custom column formula...

Look forward to your feedback.  Thanks!  mibu

Capture.PNG

affan Established Member
Established Member

Hi @mibu

Please share some data and expected result, so that I can share a solution with you

Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the link from where i can download your PBI file.

mibu Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

You may download test file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0lvrflyn90zrvxv/AACd0m-xGh7sN1Lar3teolZQa?dl=0

For example:  First week of Aug 2017...  the percentage, as indicated by red line (Line values = measure MM) should be:  13.6% (24/176).

Thanks and best,

mibu

Super User
Super User

Hi,

The measure should be

=CALCULATE(SUM(FactData[Units]),FactData[M/NM]="M")/CALCULATE(SUM(FactData[Units]),ALL(FactData[M/NM]))

Hope this helps.

Untitled.png

mibu Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@Ashish_Mathur.  Your measure worked beautifully.  Thank you so much!  very best, mibu

Super User
Super User

You are welcome.