Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stacked Column Chart - including data from table with two different date columns

Hello,

I have a Power BI report with 3 maine tables: PA, NAV and  Date. The date table is used to filter by year in my report, therefore, all the other tables are connected to it through their Date column.

However, the PA report has a second date column called "date updated". 

What I try is to build a stacked column chart where on the Shared axis I have the date and in the column axis I have two values: The "Total Amount" from the NAV table and on top of it, the "Upcoming Amount" from the PA table. The trick is that since my PA dataset is a panel data where every month new data is added,  I would like the Upcoming amount to be split by "date updated".  

So what I would like si to have the two figures below in one single graph, on top of each other. Of crouse, the PA table only has data from August, September and October and that's ok. I tried this method: https://exceleratorbi.com.au/multiple-relationships-between-tables-in-dax/, but a measure will not work since I use some additional filters on my page.

Bob1410_0-1602594654433.png

Thanks for trying to help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

The calculation here needs to be done with the inactive relationship has is referred on the blog you shared.

If you create an inactive relationship between the Date table and the PA date updated using the USERELATIONSHIP you can get the information on that column and not on  the active relationship.

Can you please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

The calculation here needs to be done with the inactive relationship has is referred on the blog you shared.

If you create an inactive relationship between the Date table and the PA date updated using the USERELATIONSHIP you can get the information on that column and not on  the active relationship.

Can you please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.