Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mtmcd
Frequent Visitor

Stacked Column Chart Filtering Other Charts

I have a stacked column chart that shows the breakdown of SKU Counts per Product Model.  My problem is that when I click on a SKU within a column, the surrounding visuals are filtered by Product Model AND the highlighted SKU.  I want the surrounding visuals to be filtered only by the Product Model.  In addition to this, I can not select multiple SKUs within a stacked column chart.

Is this a limitation of Power BI, or am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oh, I got your point now, @mtmcd, I have same question in last month. This is default behavior of chart. So you need add filter for these Product Model (could be treemap) and introduce your end-users to use it. Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @mtmcd,

You could choose your current stack column chart -> Format tab will visible -> Choose Edit Interaction -> In surrounding charts, you will be able to choose the filter behavior of its chart  (Filter or Highlight) - in the top right of surrounding charts

Screenshot 2016-12-15 08.19.28.png

if this is not what you mean, please let me know.

I have done that, but the issue is that surrounding visuals are sorted by the SKU. I want them to be sorted by the product model. If I could control - select each sku, then I would effectively be filtering by the product model, but that's not possible.

PS - just to clarify, I'm asking about stacked column charts. Your image above has simple column charts.

Hi @mtmcd,

Could you please show me your chart and data fields so I could understand your situation correctly.

IMG_9811.PNG

See image above. Product Models are A, B, C...  Sub model (SKU) counts are the stacked values.

When I click on one of the two SKUs, my surrounding charts are filtered by the SKU and therefore the corresponding product model. I simply want surrounding charts to be filtered by the product model and all associated SKUs. I don't want the chars to only show the sub model data. 

Oh, I got your point now, @mtmcd, I have same question in last month. This is default behavior of chart. So you need add filter for these Product Model (could be treemap) and introduce your end-users to use it. Smiley Very Happy

@tringuyenminh92 - OK, thanks for confirming the limitation!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.