Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stacked Chart Sort

I have read through quite a few of posts on this subject but none seem to solve my issue. I have the below table and have created Graph 1 using COUNT([Status]). However, I would like Overdue to be the first the bar rather than error. Therefore I created individual measures to count each category status i.e. CALCULATE(COUNT([Status]),filter([Status]="Pending")) which is shown in Graph 2. My issue is I want to sort the x-axis by the total count i.e. James, Daniel then Charlie (from Graph 1) but the bars sorted Overdue, Pending then Error (from Graph 2). Is there a work around without adding spaces to the the fields Overdue, Pendign and Error?

NameReport NumberStatus
Daniel1Overdue
Daniel2Overdue
Daniel3Pending
Charlie1Error
Charlie2Pending
James1Overdue
James2Pending
James3Pending
James4

Pending

Graph 1.JPGGraph 2.JPG

Thanks,

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kaiserj
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, 

it is correct to create single measures with the Status for the order in the legend . 

To sort the bars by the total count you can drag the Status to the Tooltips area (use the Count in the drop-down menu of the field) and sort by it.

StackedChartSort.png

Regards,

Julian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kaiserj
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, 

it is correct to create single measures with the Status for the order in the legend . 

To sort the bars by the total count you can drag the Status to the Tooltips area (use the Count in the drop-down menu of the field) and sort by it.

StackedChartSort.png

Regards,

Julian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.