Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rajatamin18
Regular Visitor

Stacked Bar and Line Chart- Line Series

Hello,

I am trying satcked bar chart with line of all brands. 

But i can only select column series and put my brands in stacked bar for that month. 

But for Line chart I get an average of the all brands for that month. I don't get any indivual line of brands for that month with the stacked bar.

Any help would be appreciated.

POwer BI.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rajatamin18,

There is no Line Series property in line and stacked column charts. If we want to plot more than one lines to display value for each column series, we need to create corresponding number of measures to calculate value for each series. And place those measures in Line Values.

w1.PNGw2.PNGw3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rajatamin18,

There is no Line Series property in line and stacked column charts. If we want to plot more than one lines to display value for each column series, we need to create corresponding number of measures to calculate value for each series. And place those measures in Line Values.

w1.PNGw2.PNGw3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Whaaaaat. I could swear I've tried to do that before and it didn't work. Apparently not. Thanks for the correction @v-qiuyu-msft

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@rajatamin18 If I understood you correctly what you need to do is create measure that gives you average of individual brands and then drop those measure fields into Line values section of the visual. That way you will get multiple lines, one for each brand.

Hi @ankitpatira,

As per your solution I can get it in the line chart.

But I want all brands trend line as well as all brands stacked in the same charts. 

Using the line and stacked chart.

@rajatamin18 the stacked bar and line chart cannot display multiple lines.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.