Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stacked Bar Graph - display Percentage

Hi,

New to powerbi and working on Category Bar Graph.

please refer to the below link to download the attached category bar graph pbix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9aiqq0fv9ocxm8/category%20bar%20graph.pbix?dl=0

Attached the CategoryTable Data screenshot  for reference  in case  if  pbix file is not downloaded.

CategoryTable Data in pbix file.png

Need help on the below ones,

1. The Y- axis should include percentage symbol.

I have tried to select Percentage column --> click Modeling tab --> select Format as Percentage
But I see the based on the Vehicle1 data, values on the Y-axis are displayed as 0% 500% 1000% 1500% 2000% ... instead of   0% 5% 10% 15% 20% ....   Attached the screenshot for reference.

percentage issue.png

2. On Hoover on the individual category bar display the percentage value (ex: for Category "Wheel" on hoover display 87.50% as per the provided Category Bar graph pbix file)

3. Display the category highest percentage value on the bar   i.e. 87.50% (say in a Card Visualization).

4. The Y-axis should display TOP on the bar graph instead of in the BOTTOM.

Attached the sample expected behaviour mockup for the above 4 points.

Expected behavior..png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  Thought to share my findings:

I am not sure if i followed the right procedure  but I was able to fix below 1  and 2 items.   Please advise if i am right?

Need help to fix  other two  i.e.  3 and 4  items requested in the intial post.

2. On Hoover on the individual category bar display the percentage value (ex: for Category "Wheel" on hoover display 87.50% as per the provided Category Bar graph pbix file).

Attached the mockup for reference.

percentage on hoover.png

Followed below steps to fix  the above 2 points:

1.  Created a column   newpercent. Attached mockup for reference. 

created a column.png 

2.   then dragged the newpercent  column to the stacked bar chart   Value field and then  selected show value as --> Percent of grand total.  Attached mockup for reference. 

value by Percent of Grand Total.png 

3.   In visual level filter --> with in Category used the newpercent value and set it as Standard deviation and filtered for Top 5 --> click on Apply filter.  Attached mockup for reference. 

Visual Level Filter - newpercent by standard deviation.png

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thought to share the below information if some one is looking for similar functionality.

I was able to fix the  3rd requirement which i have requested in my intital post. refer the link below

3.  Display the category highest percentage value on the bar   i.e. 87.50% 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Stacked-Bar-Graph-display-Percentage/m-p/514004

Used Data Labels Format to fix it. 

Select  stacked bar chart --> click on Formats icon --> expand Data Labels  and apply the value decimals places, display units, position etc properties based on the usecase. refer the attached mockup below.

data labels format.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning Dale,

Yesterday seems there was an Issue.  But today i was able to post the idea on the page.

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  Thought to share my findings:

I am not sure if i followed the right procedure  but I was able to fix below 1  and 2 items.   Please advise if i am right?

Need help to fix  other two  i.e.  3 and 4  items requested in the intial post.

2. On Hoover on the individual category bar display the percentage value (ex: for Category "Wheel" on hoover display 87.50% as per the provided Category Bar graph pbix file).

Attached the mockup for reference.

percentage on hoover.png

Followed below steps to fix  the above 2 points:

1.  Created a column   newpercent. Attached mockup for reference. 

created a column.png 

2.   then dragged the newpercent  column to the stacked bar chart   Value field and then  selected show value as --> Percent of grand total.  Attached mockup for reference. 

value by Percent of Grand Total.png 

3.   In visual level filter --> with in Category used the newpercent value and set it as Standard deviation and filtered for Top 5 --> click on Apply filter.  Attached mockup for reference. 

Visual Level Filter - newpercent by standard deviation.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thought to share the below information if some one is looking for similar functionality.

I was able to fix the  3rd requirement which i have requested in my intital post. refer the link below

3.  Display the category highest percentage value on the bar   i.e. 87.50% 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Stacked-Bar-Graph-display-Percentage/m-p/514004

Used Data Labels Format to fix it. 

Select  stacked bar chart --> click on Formats icon --> expand Data Labels  and apply the value decimals places, display units, position etc properties based on the usecase. refer the attached mockup below.

data labels format.png

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you still need any other supports? 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale, Thank you for the followup.

Yes i need support on the below one if there is an possibility on the stacked bar chart.

4.  The X-axis should display TOP on the stacked bar graph instead of in the BOTTOM.

Below is the expectation mockup:

expected behavior mockup.png

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,  

Thank you for suggestion. I will post my idea.

I was trying to access the link  (create an idea here ) in your post  and on the click of "Post a new idea"  button,  some how i dont see any option to submit the idea. 

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning Dale,

Yesterday seems there was an Issue.  But today i was able to post the idea on the page.

Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.