Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

YeahMan
Frequent Visitor

Stacked Bar Graph Segment Linked to Matrix

Hi relative newbie here. I have a stacked bar graph linked to a matrix table, where the bar graph represents count of students by country who have applied to a program and the matrix represents the agent the student is represented by in that country and a count by their age.  

image.png

When I click on a country in the the legend the matrix updates appropriately. So if I choose China from the bar graph legend, the matrix data shows all the agents representing Chinese students and a count of students by their age (the totals don't match since a student can apply to more than one program):

image.png

What I would like to be able to do is click on a segment of the bar graph, and have the matrix data filter down to just those students in the segment (have only agents and ages for that segment for that program). Instead I get all the original data for China :

image.png

Is this possible?? To simplify, can you have a segment of a bar graph link to a matrix? Thanks everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @YeahMan,

Do you mean use selected parent category to filter on matrix to instead of selected legend?
If this is a case, current stacked bar chart not support this feature, please submit an idea for this requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @YeahMan,

Do you mean use selected parent category to filter on matrix to instead of selected legend?
If this is a case, current stacked bar chart not support this feature, please submit an idea for this requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft. That's too bad, since the stacked bar chart is a great visual. Can you recommend a different object that would achieve what I am attempting to do? Thank you for your feedback.

YeahMan
Frequent Visitor

Hi relative newbie here. I have a stacked bar graph linked to a matrix table, where the bar graph represents count of students by country who have applied to a program and the matrix represents the agent the student is represented by in that country and a count by their age.  

image.png

When I click on a country in the the legend the matrix updates appropriately. So if I choose China from the bar graph legend, the matrix data shows all the agents representing Chinese students and a count of students by their age (the totals don't match since a student can apply to more than one program):

image.png

What I would like to be able to do is click on a segment of the bar graph, and have the matrix data filter down to just those students in the segment (have only agents and ages for that segment for that program). Instead I get all the original data for China :

image.png

Is this possible?? To simplify, can you have a segment of a bar graph link to a matrix? Thanks everyone!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.