Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarioCadena
Helper II
Helper II

Stacked Bar Chart not showing all values

I would like to confirm whether there is any limitation in the number of categories showing a legend because created a visualisation which is not showing all the values.

In the below image you can see under Andrich 7 cases

MarioCadena_0-1599806127869.png

but when I filter the visualisation with his name, it shows 26 cases.

MarioCadena_1-1599806211235.png

I would appreatiate any advice.

Regards,

Mario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

As previously stated there are limitations to the number of items that can be displayed in a legend. I don't know the exact number of item that can be displayed but I would advice you to use a solution similar to what proposed by @rodney-evans here:

image.png

Thread 

You should be able to do this by adding a "Other" row to you dimension table. If you can send a dummy file we can work it out the, otherwise let me know and I'll modify one of my old calculations and post it here. 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

As previously stated there are limitations to the number of items that can be displayed in a legend. I don't know the exact number of item that can be displayed but I would advice you to use a solution similar to what proposed by @rodney-evans here:

image.png

Thread 

You should be able to do this by adding a "Other" row to you dimension table. If you can send a dummy file we can work it out the, otherwise let me know and I'll modify one of my old calculations and post it here. 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@MarioCadena When you mouse over the visual, do you get a blue "i" showing up. This is a warning indicator that the visual is essentially overloaded and only showing a sampling of data. It is a known thing in Power BI that goes back to forever. Usually happens with other visuals though. You might consider using a different visual for your display. Maybe @tex628 , @dedelman_clng or @Tahreem24 have some creative thoughts on a better way to display?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@MarioCadena Can you provide a Pbix with sensitive data removed?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.