Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gfair
Regular Visitor

Stacked Area Chart Visualization and Date Range

I would like to use a stacked area chart to compare data across date ranges. 

I have a column of "How to" data and would like to compare this data using a date range filter, i.e. "Back2School" (Aug 31 - Sept 30), "Black Friday" (Nov 24 - Nov 28), and "Winter Break" (Dec 19 - Dec 31).  My data contains a single [CreateDate] column.

I was thinking that I would have to create a New Column of data and use an IF statement such as -

Back2School = if(name[Create Date] = ...

in order to create sperated columns to use for comparison in the stacked area chart - however...

1. I am uncertain of the string to use

2. I am not sure this is the most effective way to accomplish my objective

Any feedback?

Regards,

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gfair
Regular Visitor

What I lack in ability I make up for in tenacity; I was able to solve my own problem.

B2S = IF(AND(print_consumer[Create Date] >= DATE(2016,9,1),print_consumer[Create Date] <=DATE(2016,9,30)),[Case ID])

This copied all Case ID between the dates indicated and placed then in a new column.  This was repeated for multiple date ranges representing several define dates ranges and then I was able to bring them in as stacked area chart values.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gfair
Regular Visitor

What I lack in ability I make up for in tenacity; I was able to solve my own problem.

B2S = IF(AND(print_consumer[Create Date] >= DATE(2016,9,1),print_consumer[Create Date] <=DATE(2016,9,30)),[Case ID])

This copied all Case ID between the dates indicated and placed then in a new column.  This was repeated for multiple date ranges representing several define dates ranges and then I was able to bring them in as stacked area chart values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.