Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vickyd
Helper V
Helper V

Stacked Area Chart - Data Label position

Why are the data labels in a stacked area shown the way they are i.e. in between the points rather than on the points and is there any way to change it?

Area Chart.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Same thing was happening to me.  The X-Axis has to be a number not text, for you to change it to Continuous.

This worked for me.

My last issues is with the Tooltip menu that pops up.  It shows ALL of the values in Legend, not just the one I currently have my mouse hoovered over.  

It seems like they have all of these visuals done just good enought to push them out the door.  They just need a little more TLC, then they would shine.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vickyd,

Please set your X-Axis as Continuous type, and set Label density under Data Lebals as 100%, please see the highlighted items in yellow background. And check if it works fine.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

@v-huizhn-msft It's not allowing me to switch to Continuous. Every time I try changing it, it switches back to Categorical. 

With a normal area chart the labels appear fine even though that doesn't allow me to change to Continuous either.

Label issue however seems to be only with a stacked area chart. 

Same thing was happening to me.  The X-Axis has to be a number not text, for you to change it to Continuous.

This worked for me.

My last issues is with the Tooltip menu that pops up.  It shows ALL of the values in Legend, not just the one I currently have my mouse hoovered over.  

It seems like they have all of these visuals done just good enought to push them out the door.  They just need a little more TLC, then they would shine.

Hi @vickyd,

Do you mind share your .pbix file for further analysis? If your data is confidential, you can share it by private message.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@v-huizhn-msft It's actually tied to a SSAS DB live connection. I'll try to use import data option and seen if I can replicate and share. 

One more detail I forgot to mention is that I am using Power BI Desktop for Report Server although I doubt that's an issue. 

Hi @vickyd,

Please post your thread to dedicated forum because you use Power BI Desktop for Report Server.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.