Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stacked Area Chart - Data Display not Filtering Correctly

I am querying data from two different Smartsheets into one PBI report file. Here are screenshots of the columns I am querying into the visuals.

The following source produces the Stacked Area Chart that I am looking for...

Source:

Success-1

Visual: 

Success-2

This visual is showing each category to only graph the number of times the box is checked (or true) as desired.

The following source that is set up identical in Smartsheets and queried in identical format to PBI produces an inconsistent visual display...

Source:

Source-3

Visual:

Failure-4

What is happening here on an identical chart type, querying identically formatted data is that rather than only graphing only the data relevant to that specific column's checkboxes, it is filtering all graph lines at once rather than individually. 

How can I fix this? I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of. P.S. I HOPE the pictures posted with this. I have never done this before.

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Just see from the snapshots here, they are different sources and different visuals. Can you share more snapshots of the original data and the visual fields? Please refer to the snapshot below. Please mask the sensitive parts first.

Stacked-Area-Chart-Data-Display-not-Filtering-Correctly

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at the queries, I now see that the one that is successful, is showing unchecked boxes as "null" where as the other is showing them as "False". I have no idea how this difference came about or how to resolve it... I imagine that is what is causing my problem.

Successful Visual's QuerySuccessful Visual's QuerySuccessful Visual FieldsSuccessful Visual FieldsFailed Visual's QueryFailed Visual's QueryFailed VisualFailed Visual

Hi @Anonymous,

You can replace these values in the Query Editor. Then we can see what the cause should be. I would suggest you replace the nulls with FALSE that is easy to identify. Please refer to the snapshot below.

Stacked-Area-Chart-Data-Display-not-Filtering-Correctly2

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Success - 1Success - 1Success - 2Success - 2Source - 3Source - 3Failure - 4Failure - 4

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.