Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stackable Filters with Column Charts

Hi everyone.  I have multiple bar charts in Power BI that I want the user to be able to use like they were following a story.  I'm recreating something that was in Tableau but can't figure out how to do this (what seems rather simple) in power bi.  

So below, I want the user to be able to select a Location in Chart 1, then Select a date in Chart 2, Then in Chart 3 it would show all of the values from the above selected location and date so I can select a value from it.  Finally chart 4 will be the cumulative filters of all of these together.  

BarChart_Question.png

I've used "Edit interactions" to get what seems to be most of this but even though I tell it not to filter the other charts it still seems to filter the other charts and this locks me down to only going one route, from 1 to 4. So the user couldn't go back up and find trends from below.

So my question is, how can i get Power BI charts to not over ride each other when you are exploring/filtering?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
darentengdrake
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Anonymous 

Try hitting and holding onto Ctrl before you click the next chart. e.g. select location in Chart #1, then press Ctrl and select date in Chart #2, and so on.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
darentengdrake
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Anonymous 

Try hitting and holding onto Ctrl before you click the next chart. e.g. select location in Chart #1, then press Ctrl and select date in Chart #2, and so on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, someone just showed me this...  I had to do a forehead slap on this one..

but still seems kind of silly to me.  Oh well, thanks for the reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.