Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stack Overflow Error Appending

After trying to append two queries together I receive the stack overflow error, the data isn't too large and I've actually performed the same sequence with other very similar data from Azure. I cannot share the data as it is confidential, however please see below the queries: 

let
    Source = AzureDataExplorer.Contents("yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy", "xxxxxxxxxx", "    let stime = datetime(2020-07-16 00:00:00);#(lf)    let etime = datetime(2020-07-16 23:00:00);#(lf)    Common2#(lf)    | where SiteId ==('yyyy')#(lf)    | where TS between (stime..etime)#(lf)    | where Tag == 'xxxxxxxxxx'#(lf)    |sort by TS asc#(lf)    |serialize TS#(lf)    |extend Value = tolong(Value)#(lf)    |extend newsession=iff(isnull(prev(Value)) or ((Value) <= 250 and prev(Value) > 250), 1, 0)#(lf)    |extend session_id = row_cumsum(newsession) ", [MaxRows=null, MaxSize=null, NoTruncate=null, AdditionalSetStatements=null]),
    #"Appended Query" = Table.Combine({Source, Query3}),
    #"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Appended Query", "Main Mixer Weight", each if [Tag] = "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" then [Value] else null),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Conditional Column",{{"Main Mixer Weight", type number}}),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type1",{{"TS", type datetime}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

and I am a query with several more columns to it with the same date and time. 

I have done this same query with more data from a similar source and have no problems with it, could anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - Well, I would edit the query to track down exactly which step is causing the problem and start there. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is occurs in the Table.Combine step

#"Appended Query" = Table.Combine({Source, Query3}),

Hi @Anonymous ,

I really can't reproduce your issue. Just follow the steps in : https://superuser.com/questions/1193926/stack-overflow-error-importing-data-to-microsoft-power-bi-evaluation-resulted to get actual error message.

Please report this as an Issue using issues.powerbi.com.  first check to see if it has already been reported.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-deddai1-msft 

Thanks for your response, I cannot find a ValidationException in the trace, is there anyway I can upload this so you guys can take a look?

Many thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

I would recommend you open a support ticket in Power BI support site

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ since I am unable to reproduce the issue on my side. Thanks for your understanding.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.