Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HabibAdil
Helper IV
Helper IV

Stack Bar Chart Missing Categories

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to visualise some simple data from an excel spreadsheet, no measures or complicated filters used. I have experienced this is in the past but changing scale type would fix it. The stacked bar chart does not show a category (HAAS VF4) enclosed in red thick lines in the left side picture. Just above in another plot, in the enclosed green thick lines, it is shown. When I apply the Work Centre Filter for HAAS VF4, it can be seen as well. Please can you suggest what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Habib

Missing WC.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @HabibAdil ,

As checked your pbix file, the problem is caused by too much values display on the visual(see below screenshot).  Please try to switch the visual to custom visual Stacked Bar Chart by Akvelon and check whether the data can display normally. Any comment or problem, please feel free to let me know.

Stack Bar Chart Missing Categories(updated).JPG

Best Regards
Rena
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HabibAdil ,

Whether the problem has been resolved? If yes, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will help other members in the community find the solution easily if they face the similar problem with you. Thank you.
Best Regards
Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HabibAdil ,

This problem may be caused by the aggregation value of the Work Centres List as "HAAS VF4" is very very little in all selected date range, so it cannot be displayed. You can try to make the stacked bar chart which mark with red circle in below screenshot bigger enough or change it to table visual to check whether it can display the data with the Work Centres List as "HAAS VF4"...

Stack Bar Chart Missing Categories.png

Best Regards
Rena

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

Thanks for your reply. The issue seems to be caused by aggregation. When I create a simple stacked graph, I can see HAAS VF4. I can also see large values for HAAS VF4 when I convert the aggregated stacked graph to table. The HASS VF4 values are large enough to be seen, you can see this in the picture I uploaded with question, after applying the filter and also in the top left hand picture. 

Many thanks, Habib

Hi @HabibAdil ,

Thanks for your reply. Is there anything else about this thread need help from my side? If no, could you please mark it as Answered? It will help other members in the community find the solution easily if they face the similar problem with you. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

I followed your suggestion, but the problem still presists as described in my previous reply. Thanks, Habib

Hi @HabibAdil ,

Could you please provide your sample pbix file(exclude sensitive data) in order to make troubleshooting? Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Hi @HabibAdil ,

As checked your pbix file, the problem is caused by too much values display on the visual(see below screenshot).  Please try to switch the visual to custom visual Stacked Bar Chart by Akvelon and check whether the data can display normally. Any comment or problem, please feel free to let me know.

Stack Bar Chart Missing Categories(updated).JPG

Best Regards
Rena

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.