Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dabutler

Square shape problem

Hello Power BI team,

I'm having an issue with shapes.  Specifically, if you add a rectangle, and turn on the line feature, the position of the line varies based on the size of the shape causing alignment problems with other shapes.

I've attached a png that shows the issue.  The top rectangle is aligned with the bottom rectangle which you can verify by looking at the border (in black).

The line feature (in red) should also be aligned, but it is not.  When you align different sized rectangles, the line and the fill are pulled away from the edge of the larger shape which makes it impossible to align differently sized shapesPowerBIShapeIssue.png.

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dabutler,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @dabutler all you have to do is not use the fill or line, just use the background for the square with whatever color you want and transparency set to what you need. Background fills a shape completely edge to edge - fill leaves slight gaps.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dabutler,

One possible workaround is using border instead. Please create an idea as @Anonymous suggested.Square shape problem.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dabutler,

I am affraid this a problem with the sizing and shaping of Power BI. The same problem also occurs with images even when you set them to fit.

I dont think a simmilar idea for this to be fixed has posted about this subject. you can add one here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi?WT.mc_id=Community

Regards,

L.Meijdam

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.