Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Split

Hi guys,

can anybody help me? Please

The column called phase_history has a sequence of steps in my pipeline and first_time_in has the sequence of dates referring to each step of phase_history. For example, in the figure below, the first step of the start form call circled in red, corresponds to the first date of the first_time_in column also circled in red. What could I do to get each step with the corresponding date?

kfreitass_1-1630736022851.png

The result I would like to get would be like the figure below.

phase_historyfirst_time_in
Start form2021-07-14T00:27:17+00:00,
Primeiro contato ASAP2021-07-14T00:27:18+00:00
Primeiro dia de contato2021-07-14T00:36:48+00:00,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WCi5JLCpRSMsvytUJKMrMTc0syldIzs8rSSzJV3AMdgxAiKZkJiqkpMIklXSUjAyMDHUNzHUNTUIMDKyMzK0MzbWBDAMDHUwZC6wyxmZWJlAZpVgd6jjGIsTAELtj4DIYjgHLoDgmFgA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [phase_history = _t, first_time_in = _t]),

ToRows = Table.ToRows(Source),
    #"Split Rows" = let cols = Table.ColumnNames(Source) in List.Transform(ToRows, each Table.FromColumns(List.Transform(_, each Text.Split(_, ",")), cols)),
    #"Combined Tables" = Table.Combine(#"Split Rows")
in
    #"Combined Tables"

Screenshot 2021-09-04 214335.png

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WCi5JLCpRSMsvytUJKMrMTc0syldIzs8rSSzJV3AMdgxAiKZkJiqkpMIklXSUjAyMDHUNzHUNTUIMDKyMzK0MzbWBDAMDHUwZC6wyxmZWJlAZpVgd6jjGIsTAELtj4DIYjgHLoDgmFgA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [phase_history = _t, first_time_in = _t]),

ToRows = Table.ToRows(Source),
    #"Split Rows" = let cols = Table.ColumnNames(Source) in List.Transform(ToRows, each Table.FromColumns(List.Transform(_, each Text.Split(_, ",")), cols)),
    #"Combined Tables" = Table.Combine(#"Split Rows")
in
    #"Combined Tables"

Screenshot 2021-09-04 214335.png

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CNENFRNL I don't know how I could implement this in my code. I don't just have these 2 columns, I have others too, my code is something like this:

let
Source = Sql.Database(" "),
PipedeVendas = Source{[Schema=" ",Item="PipedeVendas"]}[Data],
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(PipedeVendas,{"card_id", "title", "valor_do_deal", "ultimo_conteudo", "fonte", "phase_history", "first_time_in", "ultimo_termo", "ultima_campanha"}),
#"Extracted Text Between Delimiters" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Removed Other Columns", {{"phase_history", each Text.BetweenDelimiters(_, "[", "]"), type text}, {"first_time_in", each Text.BetweenDelimiters(_, "[", "]"), type text}})
in
#"Extracted Text Between Delimiters"

kfreitass_0-1630792492820.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use split with delimiter.

If you need help on splitting, provide a workable data.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mussaendaA sample of data follows. I've been trying and I can't get the result I need to get.

https://ufile.io/zmfwpgib

Hi @Anonymous ,

You attached pbix is connected to an excel where we cannot access.

Please provide also the excel connected to your sample pbix so we can help you to implement @CNENFRNL ' solution

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous 

I think   's reply has shown you a correct way to solve your problem. ToRow,Split Rows and Combined Tables.

It seems that I don't have access to your data source. I couldn't do transform in Power Query Editor. If you still have problem, you can build a sample by Enter Data instead of Get data.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

One way is to use "Split columns by delimiter", please see the below links:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/split-columns-delimiter

https://radacad.com/split-column-by-delimiter-in-power-bi-and-power-query

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos ✌️!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.